Glen Hills Primary School

Featherby Drive

Glen Parva

Leicester

LE2 9NY



Tel: 0116 2782535

Fax: 0116 2788208

email: office@glen-hills.leics.sch.uk

 

Registered Company Number 07941899

Glen Hills Primary School is a Trust member and Lead Hub school for the Symphony Learning Trust

Student Council Meetings Minutes

Friday 2nd October 2015

 

  • People present for the meeting: Mrs Variava, Carlotte, Archie, Adam, Angelica, Maisie, Keelan, Jackson, Phoebe, Molly, Harvey, Molly R, Ben, Isabel and Josh. 
  • The council organised the suggestions from the suggestion box and noted down any that may need some action.
  • Next meeting to address any actions to be taken for the suggestions.
  • The worry box was emptied and it was found that worries were already addressed. 
  • The engagement of KS1 still to be discussed - an assembly was suggested.
  • KS2 engagement assembly to be planned in the following sessions.

 

DATE OF NEXT MEETING: Friday 9th October 2015

Tuesday 22nd September 2015

 

  • People present for the meeting: Mrs Variava, Carlotte, Archie, Adam, Angelica, Maisie, Keelan, Jackson, Phoebe, Molly, Harvey, Molly R, Ben, Isabel and Josh. 
  • The council appointed their Head of council - Isabel and two deputy heads - Josh and Ben.
  • The sudent council will be meeting every Friday lunchtime, unless decided otherwise.
  • Student councillors decorated and created their own suggestion and worry box.
  • Student councillors decided that they should present themselves in assembly. Next few weeks will include the planning of it. Date to be confirmed.
  • Student councillors decided that they needed to consider how to engage KS1. This will be tackled in the next meeting.
  • Suggeestions and worries to be checked and action to be decided.

 

DATE OF NEXT MEETING: Wednesday 30th September 2015

Friday 18th September 2015

 

  • People present for the meeting: Mrs Variava, Carlotte, Archie, Adam, Angelica, Maisie, Keelan, Jackson, Phoebe, Molly, Harvey, Molly R, Ben, Isabel and Josh. 
  • Children decided to meet on Tue 22nd September and then regularly every two weeks.
  • The sudent council to vote for a council head and two deputy heads during the next meeting.
  • Student councillors to re-wrap and organise the suggestion and worry boxes.

 

DATE OF NEXT MEETING: Tuesday 22nd September 2015

Wednesday 29th October 2014

 

  • People present for the meeting: Mr Storey, Libby, Eddie, Zach, Izzy, Dominic, Paige, Fred, Amy, Zahra, Thomas, Niamh and Ellis.
  • Mr Storey gave out Student Council badges.
  • Student Council stickers were explained: each member was given a sheet of stickers to keep in their draw.  These will be given out on one day every week (decided by the Council), during break and lunch time, to children who are being excellent citizens.
  • Student Council members had a group photograph.  Mr Storey will make sure that this photograph goes onto the Student Council boards and the website.
  • The Student Council agreed that next meeting would be used to tackle the Council's space on the school website.

 

DATE OF NEXT MEETING: Wednesday 12th November 2014

Wednesday 12th November 2014

 

  • People present for the meeting: Mr Storey, Libby, Eddie, Zach, Izzy, Dominic, Paige, Fred, Amy and Thomas.
  • The school website was updated to include details about the Student Council.
  • The 'Suggestion Box' and 'Worry Box' were looked at and appropriate suggestions and worries were kept, in order to be acted upon.
  • It was agreed that Student Council stickers should be given out on Monday for the next two weeks.
  • The Student Council agreed that their should be a space on the website for weekly news, including any upcoming events organised by the Council.
  • The Student Council agreed that there should be a 'Wear a Fancy Hat' day, as a treat for super behaviour across the school.  (On Friday 21st November).

 

DATE OF NEXT MEETING: Wednesday 26th November 2014

Wednesday 26th November 2014

 

  • People present for the meeting: Mr Storey, Libby, Eddie, Zach, Izzy, Dominic, Paige, Fred, Amy, Zahra, Thomas, Niamh and Ellis.
  • The Student Council section on the school website was reviewed and suggestions were given to improve it.
  • A 'Suggestion Box' area was discussed as a possible addition to the website.  Mr Storey will look into the possibility of this happening.
  • The 'Suggestion Box' and 'Worry Box' were looked at and appropriate suggestions and worries were kept, in order to be acted upon.
  • One suggestion mentioned the need for a bin in the junior playground.  Mr Storey will act upon this suggestion.
  • It was agreed that Student Council stickers should be given out on Thursday for the next two weeks.
  • 'Wear a Fancy Hat' day was, the Student Council agree, a huge success and great fun! 

 

DATE OF NEXT MEETING: Wednesday 10th December 2014

Wednesday 14th January 2015

 

  • People present for the meeting: Mr Storey, Zach, Izzy, Dominic, Paige, Fred, Amy, Zahra and Thomas.
  • Mr Storey starting the meeting by explaining to the Council that we will now be responsible for the recruitment of students for any student jobs advertised.
  • Zahra suggested that for each job there should then be a trial period, whereby the new employees are monitored to ensure that each job is being done correctly.  The Council agreed that this monitoring process could be fulfilled by our members.
  • The 'Suggestion Box' and 'Worry Box' were looked at and appropriate suggestions and worries were kept, in order to be acted upon.
  • The Student Council are looking into the possibility of having a ‘Wear a Onesie or Pyjamas to School Day’.  This will be done to raise money for this year's school charity(date to be confirmed).
  • A previous suggestion which has been acted upon is the addition of new rubbish bins in the playgrounds (including the junior one).  Well done Student Council for getting this done!
  • It was agreed that Student Council stickers should be given out on Friday for the next two weeks. 

 

DATE OF NEXT MEETING: Wednesday 28th January 2015

Wednesday 4th March 2015

 

  • People present for the meeting: Mr Storey, Zach, Izzy, Eddie, Libby, Dominic, Paige, Fred, Amy and Niamh.
  • Mr Storey started the meeting by explaining to the Council that we had two things on our agenda for the meeting.
  • The first thing to look at was the running of the pupil jobs.  The Council will speak in assembly on Thursday 5th March to explain that all of the pupil jobs are to be re-advertised and appointed.  Applications for jobs should be made to Mr Storey as soon as possible.  Jobs will be filled on a first come, first served basis.
  • The second point of discussion was the suggested onesie and pyjama day.  This will happen on FRIDAY 13TH MARCH and all funds raised will go to the school charity.
  • It was agreed that Student Council stickers should be given out on Monday for the next two weeks.

 

DATE OF NEXT MEETING: Wednesday 18th March 2015

Wednesday 18th March 2015

  • People present for the meeting: Mr Storey, Zach, Izzy, Eddie, Libby, Dominic, Paige, Fred, Amy, Zahra, Thomas, Niamh and Ellis.
  • Mr Storey started the meeting by explaining by explaining that many of the student jobs had been filled and the duty of the Student Council now would be to monitor the fulfilment of these roles.
  • The Council agreed that a good suggestion from the Suggestion Box was for more investment to be made in books for the classrooms.  Mr Storey then spoke to Mrs Wesley about it, who agreed and said that more books, chosen by the children. would be ordered.
  • It was agreed that Student Council stickers should be given out on Thursday for the next two weeks.

 

DATE OF NEXT MEETING: Wednesday 15th March 2015

Print Print | Sitemap
Glen Hills is a Lead Hub Member of the Symphony Learning Trust. The registered company number is 07941899. © Glen Hills Primary School