Glen Hills Primary School
Tel: 0116 2782535
Fax: 0116 2788208
Registered Company Number 07941899
Glen Hills Primary School is a Trust member and Lead Hub school for the Symphony Learning Trust
Our Special Needs Coordinator during 2016/17 is Mrs Parker who can be contacted at the school on 0116 2782535 or via email email@example.com
The school provides a broad and balanced curriculum for all our pupils including those with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities and ensures full curriculum entitlement and access. We are committed to maximum integration commensurate with meeting individual needs, the highest quality of education for all pupils and the efficient use of resources.
Glen Hills Primary School is a mainstream setting. Glen Hills School strives to be an inclusive school and has an ‘Inclusion Policy’ which focuses on inclusive practice and removing barriers to learning. It acknowledges the range of issues to be taken into account in the process of development. All pupils are welcome, including those with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities, in accordance with our admissions policy.
Glen Hills strives to be an inclusive school engendering a sense of community and belonging through its:
· Inclusive ethos
· Broad and balanced curriculum for all pupils
· Systems for early identification of barriers to learning and participation
· High expectations and suitable targets for all children.
The SENCo is the professional leader in the area of Special Educational Needs and Disabilities and as such is responsible for:
· the day to day operation of the school’s Special Educational Needs Policy.
· assisting staff in the identification and assessment of pupils with SEND.
· advising on classroom and other appropriate strategies.
· liaising with parents, support staff and other external agencies.
· maintaining the school’s SEND files and record.
· informing and advising the governors.
· continuing their professional development in SEND.
· contributing to staff training.
· managing the budget for SEND in conjunction with the Head teacher.
SEND issues are regularly discussed at staff meetings. All staff are made aware of their responsibilities towards pupils with SEND and clear communication lines between teachers, support staff and specialist staff are established.
Leics SEN Local Offer