Glen Hills Primary School
Tel: 0116 2782535
Fax: 0116 2788208
Registered Company Number 07941899
Glen Hills Primary School is a Trust member and Lead Hub school for the Symphony Learning Trust
It gives me great pleasure to welcome you and your child to Glen Hills Primary School, a school proud of it's excellent reputation.
We hope that you find the answers to all of your questions on our website. Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact the school.
I have been the Headteacher at Glen Hills since 2006 and was the Deputy Head for the three years previous to 2006. In 2015, my role altered and I became the Executive Head of Glen Hills and Fairfield Community Primary School in South Wigston. In 2017, I became Advisory Headteacher of Old Mill Primary School in Broughton Astley, Leicestershire.
To say Glen Hills has been a large part of my life is somewhat true as I attended Glen Hills as a child from 1978 until 1985! It's changed a little since then!
Our ethos is underpinned through our Statement of Aims at Glen Hills;
At Glen Hills we aim to provide a safe, happy and stimulating learning environment which enables each child to reach his/her full potential by:-
· Working as a team comprising children, staff, parents, governors, outside agencies and visitors;
· Valuing the contribution of each individual within that team;
· Providing a broad varied curriculum planned to suit the individual child yet within the ‘Desirable Outcomes’ and the National Curriculum framework.
· Promoting justice and good standards of behaviour and discipline;
· Showing and encouraging respect and tolerance for the school community as well as each other;
· Promoting equality of opportunity regardless of race, religion, gender, social background or ability;
· Promoting links with other schools as well as the local and wider community.
· Recognising the needs and nurturing strengths;
As a result of such an environment we hope our children will:
· be confident and at ease with themselves and others;
· become independent, self disciplined and self motivated;
· have respect for themselves, each other and the environment;
· be keen to learn and able to set, and achieve, realistic goals of a high standard;
· be valued as an individual and as a member of the community, both within the school and beyond;
· become literate, numerate, communicative, creative and co-operative.
Glen Hills Primary School became a founder member of the Symphony Learning Multi-Academy Trust (SLT) in September 2016. The SLT has four lead schools of which Glen Hills is one. More information on the SLT can be found here.
Starting school is an exciting time for children and here at Glen Hills, we endeavour to make it as straightforward as possible. We are extremely fortunate to have a committed staff who share the common aim of wanting to give your child the best possible start in life. Not only do we strive to achieve the highest level in literacy, numeracy and all round education, but we also ensure your children are safe, happy and contribute to our excellent standards of behaviour.
Establishing vital links between yourselves and the school is of paramount importance to all at Glen Hills and indeed, we welcome parents into school. If you wish to help in school with craft work, cooking, sewing, after-school clubs or hearing groups of children read, then please contact your son or daughter’s teacher. They will be only too glad of the extra help.
Each term we have parents’ interviews where we will discuss your child’s progress and at the end of the summer term, we will send you a written report summing up the progress of the year. If, however, you wish to talk about worries you have over your child’s progress then please don’t hesitate to contact your child’s teacher.
The hard work and dedication of the staff, governors, parents and pupils is highlighted in our last OFSTED report where the school was judged to be ‘outstanding in all areas.’ This judgement was again confirmed by Ofsted in 2011 and on average, our pupils leave Glen Hills above and well above the national average in all areas.
The experienced staff at Glen Hills has ensured that the traditional standards are maintained while looking to educate the children for their future in the 3rd. Millennium.
Finally, may I once again welcome you and your child to Glen Hills Primary School.
Mr T J Sutcliffe
BA (Hons) QTS NPQH
Executive Head Teacher