Glen Hills Primary School
Tel: 0116 2782535
Fax: 0116 2788208
Registered Company Number 07941899
Glen Hills Primary School is a Trust member and Lead Hub school for the Symphony Learning Trust
It gives me great pleasure to welcome you and your child to Glen Hills Primary School.
We hope that you find the answers to all of your questions on our website. Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact the school.
I have recently undertaken the position of Headteacher at Glen Hills Primary School and was the Head of School previously for 4 years and prior to that the Deputy Headteacher. I started at Glen Hills Primary School over 13 year ago as the Assistant headteacher so I have a good knowledge of the school and the local community.
Our ethos is underpinned through our Statement of Aims at Glen Hills;
At Glen Hills we aim to provide a safe, happy and enriched learning environment which enables each child to reach his/her full potential by:-
· Working as a team comprising of children, staff, parents, governors, outside agencies and visitors;
· Valuing the contribution of each individual within that team;
· Providing a knowledge engaged curriculum building on knowledge, skills, character, understanding and vocabulary;
· Promoting high standards of behaviour and attitudes;
· Showing and encouraging respect and mutural tolerance for the school community as well as each other;
· Promoting equality of opportunity regardless of race, religion, gender, social background or ability;
· Promoting links with other schools as well as the local and wider community;
· Recognising needs and wellbeing of all.
As a result of such an environment we hope our children will:
· be confident and at ease with themselves and others;
· become independent, resilient, tolerant and self motivated;
· have respect for themselves, each other and the environment;
· be valued as an individual and as a menber of the community, both within school and beyond;
Glen Hills Primary School became a founder member of the Symphony Learning Multi-Academy Trust (SLT) in September 2016. More information on the SLT can be found here.
Starting school is an exciting time for children and here at Glen Hills, we endeavour to make it as straightforward as possible. We are extremely fortunate to have a committed staff who share the common aim of wanting to give your child the best possible start in life. Not only do we strive to achieve the highest level in literacy, numeracy and an all round education, but we also ensure your children are safe, happy and contribute to our high standards of behaviour.
Establishing vital links between yourselves and the school is of paramount importance to all at Glen Hills and indeed, we welcome parents into school. If you wish to help in school with craft work, cooking, sewing, after-school clubs or hearing groups of children read, then please contact your son or daughter’s teacher. They will be only too glad of the extra help.
Each term we have parent meetings where we will discuss your child’s progress and at the end of the summer term, we will send you a written report summing up the progress of the year. If, however, you wish to talk about worries you have over your child’s progress then please don’t hesitate to contact your child’s teacher.
The hard work and dedication of the staff, governors, parents and pupils is highlighted in our last OFSTED report (October 2018) where the school was judged to be good with outstanding elements and on average, our pupils leave Glen Hills above and well above the national average in all areas.
Finally, may I once again welcome you and your child to Glen Hills Primary School.
Mrs R Wesley LLB (Hons) QTS NPQH